ABOUT US

About Bozzelli's

In 1970, Tony Bozzelli left his hometown of Roseto, Italy, and came to America with the dream of starting his own business - a dream that became a reality in 1972 when he opened a small convenience store in Alexandria called The Handy Market.

Tony was later joined by his brother, Lucio, in 1976 and together they created Bozzelli Bros. Deli. The first store was located near Mt. Vernon and later moved to Washington, DC; Huntington Avenue in Alexandria; and Springfield, before finally settling at the location where it became a local favorite - right next to Route 1 in Lorton, where it continued to serve its customers fresh and delicious sandwiches for more than 20 years, until the building was torn down in 2001 to make room for the Route 1 expansion project.

Sadly, Lucio passed away in 1989. Following in his footsteps, however, his wife and children now run their own Italian deli in Springfield.

Today, Bozzelli Bros. Deli is located in the Community Center at the U.S. Army Garrison, Fort Belvoir. Still proudly owned and operated by Tony Bozzelli, it continues to serve the great-tasting, quality sandwiches its customers have been enjoying for over 30 years.

Community Center
Bldg 1200
1200 Taylor Road
Fort Belvoir, VA
Tel: 703-781-6861
Fax: 703-781-6860

Mon-Fri: 8am-6:30pm
Saturday: 11am-4pm
Closed Sundays